In case of loss or damage of a passport the Consulate will issue a laissez passer to replace the original lost passports. This will take between 3-5 working days to obtain the necessary approvals from the relevant authorities in Doha.


  • The person concerned must attend
  • Report to the Embassy
  •  (2) Personal photos.
  • Copy of birth certificate for those who do NOT have an identity card.
  • Arriving in Doha, a new passport should be issued.

The Consulate will issue a verbal note “To Whom It May Concern” to Qatari nationals to issue a replacement for the one that was lost or damaged. This requires the following:

  • Report to the embassy.
  • A copy of the person’s passport.

All other students, please contact the embassy at: 00468231806. or the hotline : 

Please contact the embassy at: 00468231806. or the hotline :

If you are in an emergency risking your safety, please do the following:

  • Contact the Swedish national emergency line 112. It is free of charge and you can use a landline or a mobile to get to the local emergency, police, ambulance or fire brigade. AT your call, you will be asked about the service you need, your name and the nature of what had happened and the number of the phone you are calling from. You can ask for an interpreter for the call.
  • If you fall under any aggression, you MUST immediately contact the embassy on 08-231806, and ask the operator or receptionist to talk to the Consular to get the necessary help.
  • In case of arrest you have the right to phone the Embassy to inform the Consular or the person-on-call of your full name and place, the name of the police station  where you are detained  and the reason for arrest so that  the Embassy will take the necessary measures.

Remember: do NOT talk with anybody nor give any statements until you have a solicitor as any statements you make can be used against you at court.

PS: In case you are summoned to attend court, you must attend court with the solicitor at the  fixed court time, lest you will be sentenced in absentia.

In case you are unable to contact the Embassy for any reason, all NATIONALS can contact the Qatari MOFA on the following emergency lines:
00974 40111000
00974 40111140
00974 40111104
Free line: 0080008000100 
  • A valid first Qatari Instance court single status declaration (no married at the present time) of the person.
  • A marriage ceremony in Sweden can take place either in a church, a mosque or before a civil authority. As of 1 May 2009 The Marriage Code and other statutes involving spouses have been made gender-neutral. Government of Sweden
  • Before the ceremony you need to get: - A marriage license from the local Swedish Tax Office (Skatteverket) in the area where the wedding is taking place.
    • It is essential to contact the tax office well in advance since you must visit in person.
    • The procedure can take some time and you need to make sure that you have the correct documents.
    • Your marriage license is valid for four months from the date of issue.
  • If the man or woman are foreigners (non-nationals), it is necessary to obtain a written consent from the Qatari Ministry of Interior that there is NO-OBJECTION for the marriage to go ahead.
  • Identity proof: Passport or identity card.

The Consulate will issue a laissez passer to newly-born babies. This requires:

  • The baby’s birth certificate from the hospital certified (legalized) by the Swedish Foreign Affairs).
  • A copy of the father’s and mother’s passports.
  • The original marriage certificate.
  • In case of a foreign mother, a copy of the Qatari Interior Ministry's No- objection certificate.